Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Thank You!

I just wanted to publicly thank those who have shown support and love to me & my family over the last few days. First off, my sorority sisters. You girls are wonderful. Thank you for the random text messages, facebook posts, and Oncourse messages telling me how sorry you are and that you love me. I'm so honored to be apart of such a great group of women.
Second, my friends -- Erin, LeighAnn, Conrad, Ashley, Joel, Will, Kelsey, & Dugan. Through your texts, visits, facebook posts, etc. I have found strength to get through the last 2 days. Thank you from my family for the flowers and for coming to the viewing yesterday as well. I feel so blessed to have you in my life & am continually reminded how lucky I am to call you friends.
Third, my boyfriend -- Carl. You've been a wonderful outlet for me to go to when I'm sad. You comforted me and let me cry in your arms. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart & my family's, for being with us today at the funeral. It was more comforting than you know to simply have you hold my hand during the service.
Fourth, my mom & Jaime. Mom, I don't even know how to thank you enough for hugging me multiple times in the last few days and letting me spill my heart out to you. You are my best friend & I would be absolutely lost without you. Jaime, thank you for the random hugs & kisses on my forehead. Those in and of itself have helped comfort me.
Fifth, to those who have sent me messages/posts on facebook and cards-- there are too many of you to name but you know who you are. I'm completely humbled by how much support and loving words I have gotten from you... especially those who I don't really talk to that much. It has meant so much to me to have your sympathies and to know that I was important enough to you to let me know I was in your thoughts and prayers.
Sixth, to my family. The last month hasn't been easy for us, seeing Grandpa like he was, but we've become closer because of it, and I have faith that we will continue to grow. I love you all more than words can say and I'm continually grateful to have each and every one of you as my family.
Finally...my Grandma. I know you probably won't see this, but I'm amazed at how strong of a woman you are. You have handled all of this with such poise and dignity, while at the same time grieving the loss of your best friend. You & Grandpa have been the best grandparents a girl could ask for and while we will all miss Grandpa immensely, we know he is with his Lord & no longer suffering. I love you beyond words & cherish you so much more.

I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment