Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving

With Thanksgiving being 2 days away, I wanted to take some time to talk about what I'm thankful for. I'm thankful for my family. If it wasn't for them, I literally probably wouldn't be here today. They have helped me through so much and believed in me when I didn't believe in myself.

I'm thankful for my friends. I don't know what I would've done without my 3 best friends Ashley, Erin, & LeighAnn. I have been friends with Ashley since I was like 3 and even though we've gone through some rough patches, we're better friends now than ever before. Not only are Erin & LeighAnn family, they are also my best friends. They're more like sisters to me than cousins. They have always been so loving and supportive. I'm also thankful for the friends I have met through Carl. Conrad, Ashley, Joel & Will: You guys are some of the most sincere, real people I have ever met. You welcomed me with open arms and I count myself lucky to have become your friend.

Of course I'm thankful for my wonderful boyfriend, Carl. Not only is he my boyfriend but he is also my friend. We get along so well and have so much fun together. He is so supportive of me and always there for me whenever I need him. Not only is he pretty wonderful but his family is awesome. His parents are amazing people and it has been a joy getting to know them over the last year and a half.

I'm also thankful for opportunity. Even though I hate school sometimes, I'm thankful for the opportunity to get a college education and the opportunity to make something of myself. A lot of people don't have that chance and I'm thankful I live in a country where I do. I'm also thankful for the opportunity to have a job. Even though I complain about it sometimes, jobs are hard to find right now and I'm glad I have one.

I'm thankful for Alpha Sigma Tau and my sisters. Joining AST is one of the best decisions I have ever made and I'm so glad I transferred to IUSB and was given the opportunity to be apart of such a wonderful group of women and affiliated with this organization.

Lastly, I'm thankful for my dog Toby. I'm thankful for him for many reasons. No matter how bad of a day I'm having, he is always happy to see me. Whenever I walk in the door, he's the first one there to welcome me home. That might sound corny but I don't care. Haha. I'm also thankful for him because he has taught me a lot and made me reach a new level of responsibility. I'm responsible for a life now and while he may not be my biological child, he is still my son and I am still responsible for taking care of him.


There are a lot of things to be thankful for this year. The Lord has blessed my life in so many ways and I'm forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment