Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Completely Amazed

So, as a few of you know, today was a rough day for me. I had a meeting with one of my professors who basically told me that I can't write a history paper and he doesn't know how well I will do in the class. This really upset me because I have been working SO hard to do what he wants me to do and I feel like I can never please him. I have a 10 page paper due for him by the end of the month on Japanese kamikazes... and I am completely unmotivated to do it now. What makes it worse is that in the fall, I'll be taking a senior seminar with this same professor and I'm already freaking out about it. After the meeting, I was in tears. I called Carl and vented to him about it. He told me to take a deep breath and that everything will be okay. He suggested that I ask this professor if he can look over a rough draft or two of my paper and give me feedback since I'm obviously not meeting his requirements. So I contacted a bunch of people today who I thought could help me with research for it. I literally contacted anyone and everyone that I thought could/would help, including 2 of my old history professors from Bethel. This is where I was completely amazed. Both of them were so helpful. What amazes me the most is that I'm not even their student anymore and yet they are still extremely helpful and willing to help me. In both emails I got from them, they said that it was great to hear from me & missed having me in class. This makes me miss Bethel SO MUCH. You don't get that kind of support/willingness from most professors at IUSB. If I wasn't almost done with my degree, I would seriously consider transferring back there. While there have been good things that have happened to me while at IUSB (i.e. the sorority), part of me really regrets leaving Bethel. I'm so grateful for the continued support from my old professors.
Thank you, Dr. Haas & Dr. Schmidt!

No comments:

Post a Comment